The Most Delicious Pumpkin Bread
I made this pumpkin bread yesterday, and it is almost gone! I pulled this recipe straight from grandma’s recipe box and I have to tell you, it is so moist and delicious. It is super easy to make too!
Yesterday I made it with canned pumpkin but I have made it before, with fresh roasted pumpkin, and that makes it even better. Mmmmm who doesn’t love a warm slice (or two!) of pumpkin bread with a hot cup of tea on a cold winters day?
I bet you’d like the recipe, eh? This recipe is for one loaf of pumpkin bread but you can easily double or triple it.
Makes 1 loaf
1 1⁄2 c sugar
1⁄2 tsp cloves
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp nutmeg
1⁄2 tsp ginger
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 2⁄3 c flour
1⁄2 c cooking oil
1 c canned (or fresh roasted) pumpkin
optional: add 1⁄2 cup pecans or chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine liquid ingredients and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Sift together dry ingredients and then add it to the liquid mixture.
- Stir until flour is moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Take out of the oven and let sit 5 min then turn it out onto a cooling rack and let cool.
Want to pin this recipe for later? Please use the image below. Thanks!
This post was linked up at: