Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on them, my blog may get compensated, but at no extra cost to you.
I have been writing a blog off and on now for about 7 years (7 years?!?) That seems crazy to me, but it’s true! Boy, do I wish I knew then what I know now…
When I started this blogging journey I wanted to do it just for fun and to share a few of the inner workings of our family with relatives who live far away. And I loved it! I loved it so much that I decided to do it more and more often.
Eventually, I noticed that some bloggers had advertisements and seemed to be making some money from blogging and I wanted a part of that action too. So, after a few false starts and many, many, many mistakes, I finally made the investment in myself. I decided to get my own domain and the best place I could find was a company called
I decided to get my own domain and a blog host and the best and one of the least expensive companies I could find was called Bluehost.
Now, did you know, if you are ever interested in ever making money off your blog, freelancing or turning it into a business, then paying for your hosting, such as through Bluehost, is amust AND did you know you get a free domain when you sign up, with Bluehost, as well?
You can run any of your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc. with a blog ran on Bluehost. Making money on Blogger or any other free blogging platform is very difficult, and in many cases never happens. That is mostly why I switched over (from Blogger) myself. Most advertisers and companies tend to run away from Blogger websites because they don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs.
There are many reasons for why you may want to choose Bluehost for your WordPress blog and I honestly believe they are one of the best web hosting providers. These reasons include:
- It’s easy to use. Yes, ANYONE can create a WordPress blog. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog. They even have a wonderful video series to help you figure out how to do it. Check them out HERE or click play on the video below.
- Bluehost web hosting offers technical support.
- Bluehost is extremely affordable and they offer cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and the only real expense you need to pay is the cheap blog hosting which starts at just $3.49 per month.
- You get a FREE blog domain.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE.
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in case you determine that it is not for you.
- You will be self-hosted. If you want to monetize your blog, then you will want to be self-hosted.
- You will appear much more professional to readers, companies, and so on if you are self-hosted on Bluehost than being on Blogger.
I hope this has helped you on your journey to start your own blog or website. If this helps you save countless hours of trying to figure things out on your own then that makes me extremely happy!
As I mentioned above, maybe you are thinking of eventually monetizing your blog. If that is something you are interested in, might I suggest you take a look at Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing? You can read my review of this wonderful course right here and then you can check out my first online income report (spoiler! I started making an income within the first month of taking this course!)
Good luck on your blogging endeavors and make sure you come back and tell me about them!
Want more to keep up with my online income reports? Make sure to subscribe!