Romantic Weekend Getaway Ideas
If you are like most couples, you are a very busy family. Having romantic time to spend together is difficult at best. You are also probably due for a vacation and that you are yearning for some alone time with your mate.
Unfortunately with today’s economy the way it is, many couples are faced with the fact that they cannot afford an extensive vacation or an extended vacation where they have to pay a babysitter for some of that time.
There are alternatives to extended romantic getaways known as romantic weekend getaways. These getaways are great because they can be customized to your taste as well as your budget needs.
The great thing about weekend getaways is that you can get away during any season, snow or shine, and you will find plenty to do while you are away. Or you can do nothing at all, if that is your pleasure.
Romantic Winter Ideas
If you love the snow, but just not driving in it to get to work, then a winter wonderland vacation is for you. You can choose from a variety of lodging options such as:
* A bed and breakfast
* A country inn
* A log cabin
* A lodge
There are many activities that you can partake in on a winter wonderland, as well.
* You can go horseback riding in the snow
* Take a sleigh ride through a winter wonderland, just you and your honey
* Take in the view in front of a crackling fireplace
* Take in some hot yoga and get a hot stone massage
* Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner for two overlooking some great mountain somewhere
Romantic Fall Ideas
What better way to end the summer than to take a weekend getaway; especially if you did not get the opportunity to go away with your love over the summer. You can enjoy the fall season in all its abundance in so many ways.
* Take a trip through the countryside and watch the leaves fall and be in awe of their changing colors
* Go apple and pumpkin picking
* Go antiquing
* Have a picnic under the stars
Romantic Warmer Weather Ideas
If you are looking for a few creative ideas for the spring or summer months, why not try these on for size.
* Camp right on the beach
* Rent out a small beach hut for the weekend
* Go to a winery and do a wine tasting
* Check out some local fresh fruit and produce and crafts at a local market fair or farmers market
* Go see a movie under the stars
Related Romantic getaway ideas:
As you can see, there is an endless stream of romantic ideas for each and every season. It is just a matter of choosing a season, and, of course, the reason is love.